If you’re looking for cheap theatre tickets for your favorite London show, all you need to know is where and when to look. There are many online ticket sellers which will offer you discounts, in the form of negligible booking fees or low prices. Interestingly, there are two different times to look if you want the best discounts: many months in advance or 90 minutes before the show starts. Read on to learn more!
London theatre can be an expensive night out, but it need not be! There are many ways to get cheap theatre tickets in the West End and we’ll tell you how!
Five Ways to Get Cheap Theatre Tickets in London
1) Don’t Buy Direct From Theatres
Expect to pay absurd amounts per ticket to book online or over the phone if you buy theatre direct. This is somewhat mitigated if you live close to the West End or close to the theatre venue showing the musical or play you want to see, as these processing fees don’t apply to in-person purchases. In general though, you’ll want to buy from brokers, as they offer discounts of up to 20 percent in order to compete with the theatres and sell their quotas.
2) Half-Price Buys
Many companies sell half-price and discounted tickets up to a week before each show. This can be a huge boon, particularly if you’re seeing an expensive show. The only problem with some of these opportunities is that the selection can sometimes be a bit lacking. However, it is always worth your while to see what’s available.
3) Booking in Advance
For air travel, hotel reservations, and high end meals, it always pays to book in advance. Theatre tickets are no exception. By booking up to six months in advance, you can get the best seats at the same price as if you were to purchase a less-than-best seat mere weeks before the performance. You will typically only be able to purchase tickets far in advance direct from theatres. This way is best if you want to get great seats inexpensively.
4) Last Minute Tickets
If you go up to a ticket booth up to 90 minutes before a show starts, it’s likely you’ll be able to get deeply discounted tickets. This is because agents will typically return tickets to the theatre around this time. This is much less likely to work if a show has been highly anticipated, as the show will likely be sold out. However, if you think there’s any chance it hasn’t sold out, it’s always good to check. If you’re willing to take a chance, this can lead to great, inexpensive night out.
5) Restricted View Seats
The pricing formula for restricted view seats is: if the view is restricted by 50 percent, you get a 50 percent discount, and so forth. This is best for theatregoers who know venues really well. In order to get a restricted view discount, you need to call the theatre directly and ask for a specific seat, and specify that you know the view is restricted. You have to be careful and know what you’re talking about, because the existence of restricted-view seats is generally secret and prices aren’t discussed openly by theatres. But we all know what it means – sometimes a seat is underneath the stage or sometimes pillars are in the way. Get to know a theatre and ask for the seats you know are restricted-view.
Five Great London Musicals for Bargain Theatre Goers
* Avenue Q – A parody of Sesame Street, this puppet-based musical looks at the problems facing 20- and 30-year-olds of New York City in a humorous light. Full of profanity and sexual references, the main plot idea is the central character’s search for meaning in this absurdist world.
* Blood Brothers – A tragedy whose central plot revolves around twin brothers separated at birth. One becomes an upstanding government employee while the other becomes a criminal addict. Both fall for the same woman, and tragedy ensues.
* Chicago – Centered on the idea of corruption in the criminal justice system, Chicago explores the idea of the celebrity criminal who uses her stage and sex appeal to fight the law after she kills her husband and his mistress. her sister. A juicy performance with nothing held back!
* Oliver! – The musical adaptation of Dickens’ classic work Oliver Twist, Oliver! follows the trials and tribulations of the eponymous orphan boy as he moves through the dark London criminal underworld.
* We Will Rock You – A rock musical, We Will Rock You is the ultimate tribute to Queen, containing over thirty Queen songs. In a dystopian future, only one man can save our souls: the reincarnation of Freddie Mercury, come to bring back freedom, individuality and Rock and Roll to the hearts of the downtrodden!
All these performances and more can be find cheaply in London if you know where and when to look. If you’re interested in bargain theatre performances, start your search today!